- Kids these days March 24
Rebel without a cause Justin Bieber has been lying low in the wake of his January arrest on suspicion of DUI. But never fear, Beliebers: If a recent Instagram post is any indication, the Biebs has merely been busy cultivating a brand of aloof coolness — the exact brand of coolness made famous by silver-screen icon James Dean.
The image does bear a striking similarity to a famous photograph of Dean, though the iconic actor unfortunately lacked Bieber's tattoo sleeve and pompadour. Still, the heart races at even the hint that the Biebs could star in a remake of East of Eden or Giant. Get on that, Hollywood.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week