- Kids these days March 24
Rebel without a cause Justin Bieber has been lying low in the wake of his January arrest on suspicion of DUI. But never fear, Beliebers: If a recent Instagram post is any indication, the Biebs has merely been busy cultivating a brand of aloof coolness — the exact brand of coolness made famous by silver-screen icon James Dean.
The image does bear a striking similarity to a famous photograph of Dean, though the iconic actor unfortunately lacked Bieber's tattoo sleeve and pompadour. Still, the heart races at even the hint that the Biebs could star in a remake of East of Eden or Giant. Get on that, Hollywood.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
Subscribe to the Week