It's easy to look to pasta as that happy weeknight cure-all: the palette on which to throw any bits and bobs, to dress with the random things hanging out in the pantry, to just top with cheese and call it dinner. But there are some classic pasta dishes — or just really delicious ones — that we love having up our sleeves: the ones that can work as well on a weeknight as for a wine-drunk dinner party. Here are the 10 pasta recipes you should turn to — and to save room for in your memory bank.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week