It's easy to look to pasta as that happy weeknight cure-all: the palette on which to throw any bits and bobs, to dress with the random things hanging out in the pantry, to just top with cheese and call it dinner. But there are some classic pasta dishes — or just really delicious ones — that we love having up our sleeves: the ones that can work as well on a weeknight as for a wine-drunk dinner party. Here are the 10 pasta recipes you should turn to — and to save room for in your memory bank.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week