It's easy to look to pasta as that happy weeknight cure-all: the palette on which to throw any bits and bobs, to dress with the random things hanging out in the pantry, to just top with cheese and call it dinner. But there are some classic pasta dishes — or just really delicious ones — that we love having up our sleeves: the ones that can work as well on a weeknight as for a wine-drunk dinner party. Here are the 10 pasta recipes you should turn to — and to save room for in your memory bank.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week