It's easy to look to pasta as that happy weeknight cure-all: the palette on which to throw any bits and bobs, to dress with the random things hanging out in the pantry, to just top with cheese and call it dinner. But there are some classic pasta dishes — or just really delicious ones — that we love having up our sleeves: the ones that can work as well on a weeknight as for a wine-drunk dinner party. Here are the 10 pasta recipes you should turn to — and to save room for in your memory bank.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week