It's easy to look to pasta as that happy weeknight cure-all: the palette on which to throw any bits and bobs, to dress with the random things hanging out in the pantry, to just top with cheese and call it dinner. But there are some classic pasta dishes — or just really delicious ones — that we love having up our sleeves: the ones that can work as well on a weeknight as for a wine-drunk dinner party. Here are the 10 pasta recipes you should turn to — and to save room for in your memory bank.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week