- This just in March 25
Officials in Washington State's Snohomish County say that more than 100 residents remain unaccounted for two days after a deadly mudslide hit a rural area near Oso. Snohomish County's emergency management director John Pennington said late Monday that there are potentially 176 people unaccounted for, though the official list likely includes many duplicate names. The confirmed death toll currently stands at 14.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week