- This just in March 25
Officials in Washington State's Snohomish County say that more than 100 residents remain unaccounted for two days after a deadly mudslide hit a rural area near Oso. Snohomish County's emergency management director John Pennington said late Monday that there are potentially 176 people unaccounted for, though the official list likely includes many duplicate names. The confirmed death toll currently stands at 14.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week