- This just in March 25
Officials in Washington State's Snohomish County say that more than 100 residents remain unaccounted for two days after a deadly mudslide hit a rural area near Oso. Snohomish County's emergency management director John Pennington said late Monday that there are potentially 176 people unaccounted for, though the official list likely includes many duplicate names. The confirmed death toll currently stands at 14.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week