- This just in March 25
Officials in Washington State's Snohomish County say that more than 100 residents remain unaccounted for two days after a deadly mudslide hit a rural area near Oso. Snohomish County's emergency management director John Pennington said late Monday that there are potentially 176 people unaccounted for, though the official list likely includes many duplicate names. The confirmed death toll currently stands at 14.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
Subscribe to the Week