- Watch this March 25
Dizzying video showing three BASE jumpers leaping off of New York City's unfinished 1 World Trade Center was released Monday night, just hours after the men turned themselves in to police. Jumper James Brady shot the video on Sept. 30, 2013, when he and his two fellow daredevils, Andrew Rossig and Marco Markovich, snuck in to the building and then jumped off of the 1,776-foot-tall spire, using parachutes to break their falls. According to the New York Daily News, police identified the trio and their lookout, Kyle Hartwell, by tracking a vehicle seen on video that is owned by one of their relatives. The four men were arraigned Monday night and charged with burglary, reckless endangerment, and jumping from a structure. Watch the video below, and just a warning: As you can imagine, people who are about to throw themselves off of a skyscraper use rather colorful language. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week