- Watch this March 25
Dizzying video showing three BASE jumpers leaping off of New York City's unfinished 1 World Trade Center was released Monday night, just hours after the men turned themselves in to police. Jumper James Brady shot the video on Sept. 30, 2013, when he and his two fellow daredevils, Andrew Rossig and Marco Markovich, snuck in to the building and then jumped off of the 1,776-foot-tall spire, using parachutes to break their falls. According to the New York Daily News, police identified the trio and their lookout, Kyle Hartwell, by tracking a vehicle seen on video that is owned by one of their relatives. The four men were arraigned Monday night and charged with burglary, reckless endangerment, and jumping from a structure. Watch the video below, and just a warning: As you can imagine, people who are about to throw themselves off of a skyscraper use rather colorful language. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week