- Watch this March 25
Dizzying video showing three BASE jumpers leaping off of New York City's unfinished 1 World Trade Center was released Monday night, just hours after the men turned themselves in to police. Jumper James Brady shot the video on Sept. 30, 2013, when he and his two fellow daredevils, Andrew Rossig and Marco Markovich, snuck in to the building and then jumped off of the 1,776-foot-tall spire, using parachutes to break their falls. According to the New York Daily News, police identified the trio and their lookout, Kyle Hartwell, by tracking a vehicle seen on video that is owned by one of their relatives. The four men were arraigned Monday night and charged with burglary, reckless endangerment, and jumping from a structure. Watch the video below, and just a warning: As you can imagine, people who are about to throw themselves off of a skyscraper use rather colorful language. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week