- Reality-Show Reality Check March 25
Former daytime television mainstay Judge Joe Brown got a taste of his own medicine yesterday. Upon learning that a child-support case he was representing a client in was pushed off the court's afternoon docket, Brown became "pretty raucous," challenging the authority of Magistrate Harold Horne, who repeatedly told the 66-year-old to calm down.
When Brown didn't, Horne held him in contempt five times before removing him. Bystanders "were all kind of floored" by his behavior, CNN reports. The former host, whose eponymous show was canceled last May, was sentenced to five days in jail, though it's unclear when he'll serve them. Brown was later released on his own recognizance.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week