- Reality-Show Reality Check March 25
Former daytime television mainstay Judge Joe Brown got a taste of his own medicine yesterday. Upon learning that a child-support case he was representing a client in was pushed off the court's afternoon docket, Brown became "pretty raucous," challenging the authority of Magistrate Harold Horne, who repeatedly told the 66-year-old to calm down.
When Brown didn't, Horne held him in contempt five times before removing him. Bystanders "were all kind of floored" by his behavior, CNN reports. The former host, whose eponymous show was canceled last May, was sentenced to five days in jail, though it's unclear when he'll serve them. Brown was later released on his own recognizance.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week