- Reality-Show Reality Check March 25
Former daytime television mainstay Judge Joe Brown got a taste of his own medicine yesterday. Upon learning that a child-support case he was representing a client in was pushed off the court's afternoon docket, Brown became "pretty raucous," challenging the authority of Magistrate Harold Horne, who repeatedly told the 66-year-old to calm down.
When Brown didn't, Horne held him in contempt five times before removing him. Bystanders "were all kind of floored" by his behavior, CNN reports. The former host, whose eponymous show was canceled last May, was sentenced to five days in jail, though it's unclear when he'll serve them. Brown was later released on his own recognizance.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- California's epic drought
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week