- Whoa March 25
A brand new Land Rover veered off a road in central London today, dropped 14 feet, and became wedged between a wall and a basement. The luxurious car cost $130,000 and had fewer than 500 miles on it.
Witnesses snapped pictures of the crinkled car after they said the driver and three female passengers escaped it unharmed. It's unclear what happened and police said it's not their matter, so they won't be investigating. The wrecked car was scooped out a few hours later and, unfortunately for its owners, is being sent to a scrap yard.
ITV News has more pictures. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week