- Whoa March 25
A brand new Land Rover veered off a road in central London today, dropped 14 feet, and became wedged between a wall and a basement. The luxurious car cost $130,000 and had fewer than 500 miles on it.
Witnesses snapped pictures of the crinkled car after they said the driver and three female passengers escaped it unharmed. It's unclear what happened and police said it's not their matter, so they won't be investigating. The wrecked car was scooped out a few hours later and, unfortunately for its owners, is being sent to a scrap yard.
ITV News has more pictures. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
Subscribe to the Week