- Whoa March 25
A brand new Land Rover veered off a road in central London today, dropped 14 feet, and became wedged between a wall and a basement. The luxurious car cost $130,000 and had fewer than 500 miles on it.
Witnesses snapped pictures of the crinkled car after they said the driver and three female passengers escaped it unharmed. It's unclear what happened and police said it's not their matter, so they won't be investigating. The wrecked car was scooped out a few hours later and, unfortunately for its owners, is being sent to a scrap yard.
ITV News has more pictures. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week