- Whatever You Say March 25
Musician and producer Pharrell Williams has a chart-topping single, a silly hat, and, now, a bold prediction about the 2016 presidential race. In a wide-ranging interview with GQ, Pharrell talks about how far the country came to elect a black president. And from there, he says the nation's forward progress — combined with a few other factors, like Republican attempts to limit abortion access — means Hillary Clinton is a shoo-in to take over the White House come 2016.
Everywhere you go in this country, you have red and blue. You got the Democrats; you got the Republicans. You got the Bloods; you got the Crips. Everything is red and blue in this country. You know what else is red and blue? Blood. Blood is blue in your body until air hits it, and then it turns red. That means there's unity. There's gonna be unity. [...] Trust me. And it's a two-for-one: Bill is the coolest dude in the game, still plays saxophone, and every woman in the world wants him. It's a two-for-one. Hillary's gonna win. Everybody laughed at me when I said Obama was going to win, but I knew what he represented. But I know what Hillary represents: She represents a woman in power, and she did great as the Secretary of State. She's gonna win. [GQ]- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week