- First look March 25
Finished with the Veronica Mars movie, and unsure where to get your next fix? Series creator Rob Thomas has the perfect answer: The audiobook version of the new Veronica Mars novel The Thousand Dollar Tan Line, which is read by none other than Kristen Bell.
In an email to Veronica Mars' Kickstarter backers, Thomas teased that the novel — which takes place after the events of the movie — includes the return of "another important character from Veronica's life" who wasn't in the movie. He also revealed that Bell voices all the characters in the audiobook version, giving fans the chance to hear her version of characters like Weevil Navarro and Cliff McCormack.
If you'd rather read The Thousand Dollar Tan Line the old-fashioned way, it's officially available today. For everyone else, here's a sample of the audiobook. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week