- This just in March 25
Hot on the heels of the $19 billion acquisition of instant messaging platform WhatsApp, Facebook today announced its latest purchase.
The latest buy, however, has on the face of it nothing to do with Facebook's core social networking business.
That suggests that Zuckerberg has major plans to expand beyond what we think of today as social networking.
So, why virtual reality? Perhaps Zuckerberg imagines that the next generation of online social interaction will involve immersive virtual environments in cyberspace?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 of our favorite ridiculously long German words
Subscribe to the Week