- Say it ain't so March 25
Are you sitting down? Because Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin have "decided to separate." The news was announced on Paltrow's aspirational-living site Goop. There was no mention of "divorce." In fact, the pair — who have been married for a decade — describe their action as "conscious uncoupling," a term that reeks of too many sad therapy sessions.
This news may not come as a surprise to some. Paltrow has her fair share of haters and Martin has faded into the background of late (unless you count appearing as a judge on the upcoming season of The Voice). But, personally, I find it depressing. Is nothing sacred in Hollywood?
If anything ever happens to Ellen and Portia, then you'll find me curled up with a magnum blasting some Coldplay tunes, thank you. Come to think of it, "Fix You" suddenly sounds all too prophetic.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week