- Late Night Antics March 26
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart caught up on the fast-moving situation in Crimea. First he talked through what the U.S. and its allies are (and aren't) doing to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin — or "President Boobs Akimbo" — and then he brought on Senior Russia Correspondent Jessica Williams on to explain why none of that matters. The short version, as Williams explained, is that "Putin doesn't give a sh-t."
That sounds flip, crass even, but Williams followed it up with a surprisingly insightful analysis of what makes Putin tick. There's historical analysis, role-playing, and Russian accents, but it still all boils down to the original assessment: Putin doesn't care what you think. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week