- Late Night Antics March 26
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart caught up on the fast-moving situation in Crimea. First he talked through what the U.S. and its allies are (and aren't) doing to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin — or "President Boobs Akimbo" — and then he brought on Senior Russia Correspondent Jessica Williams on to explain why none of that matters. The short version, as Williams explained, is that "Putin doesn't give a sh-t."
That sounds flip, crass even, but Williams followed it up with a surprisingly insightful analysis of what makes Putin tick. There's historical analysis, role-playing, and Russian accents, but it still all boils down to the original assessment: Putin doesn't care what you think. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
Subscribe to the Week