- Late Night Antics March 26
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart caught up on the fast-moving situation in Crimea. First he talked through what the U.S. and its allies are (and aren't) doing to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin — or "President Boobs Akimbo" — and then he brought on Senior Russia Correspondent Jessica Williams on to explain why none of that matters. The short version, as Williams explained, is that "Putin doesn't give a sh-t."
That sounds flip, crass even, but Williams followed it up with a surprisingly insightful analysis of what makes Putin tick. There's historical analysis, role-playing, and Russian accents, but it still all boils down to the original assessment: Putin doesn't care what you think. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week