- Watch this March 26
First Lady Michelle Obama is on a week-long visit to China, where she's espoused American political values, touted her children's fitness initiatives, and touched, however lightly, on the delicate issue of Tibetan independence. But forget all that, because the most indelible images from the entire trip may be these ones of the FLOTUS meeting a bunch of pandas at Chengdu's Giant Panda Research Base.
If Obama ever needs a new spokesman for the Let's Move! campaign, she could do worse than this hungry little panda dunking an apple slice into its mouth. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week