- small town news March 26
Although this Christopher Reeves isn't the real Superman, he was flying high. The Utah man was arrested for speeding down a highway late Tuesday while allegedly under the influence of illegal drugs. The 33-year-old man was busted "performing weaving maneuvers and drawing the attention of deputies," according to a police officer.
A search of Reeves' car revealed a large stash of drugs, including meth, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. The cops say he had "plenty to distribute around" and charged him with a DUI and narcotics possession. He was booked into a county jail and is going to need a Lois Lane to help him with the $15,000 bail.
"I hope he will live not to regret his choice of T-shirts on this day, but rather his actions," said the sheriff.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week