- Really? March 26
New season means it's time for a new haircut! North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly mandated that every man in the isolated country receive the same haircut as their supreme leader. Pyongyang introduced the rule two weeks ago before enforcing it elsewhere, according to media reports.
The new, state-mandated haircut trims away the overwhelming 10 styles men previously could choose from. Not everyone is happy with the cut, however. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes," complained a source. Others said the new 'do makes citizens look like "Chinese smuggler[s]" and not replicas of Kim.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week