- Really? March 26
New season means it's time for a new haircut! North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly mandated that every man in the isolated country receive the same haircut as their supreme leader. Pyongyang introduced the rule two weeks ago before enforcing it elsewhere, according to media reports.
The new, state-mandated haircut trims away the overwhelming 10 styles men previously could choose from. Not everyone is happy with the cut, however. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes," complained a source. Others said the new 'do makes citizens look like "Chinese smuggler[s]" and not replicas of Kim.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week