- we dare you to eat it March 26
So House Speaker John Boehner was probably just tapping into that when he sent Pelosi three pints of Graeter's Gelato for her birthday today. After all, picking out presents for people is tough, especially when it's one for your political opposite.
Or, maybe there was an ever-so-small bit of trolling afoot, from one Catholic to another:
No word on whether Pelosi actually gave up chocolate for Lent, but if she did, at least she can dig in to the gelato in less than a month.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week