- we dare you to eat it March 26
So House Speaker John Boehner was probably just tapping into that when he sent Pelosi three pints of Graeter's Gelato for her birthday today. After all, picking out presents for people is tough, especially when it's one for your political opposite.
Or, maybe there was an ever-so-small bit of trolling afoot, from one Catholic to another:
No word on whether Pelosi actually gave up chocolate for Lent, but if she did, at least she can dig in to the gelato in less than a month.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week