- Coming Soon March 26
Fox, the channel that brought you the original bait-and-switch reality dating show Joe Millionaire, is putting a "royal" spin on that show's premise with the upcoming debut of I Wanna Marry "Harry."
So what's the premise this time? Producers were apparently able to find a dozen naive women willing to travel across the pond to live on an English estate in hopes of getting a chance to date the real Prince Harry.
One problem: The alleged Prince Harry is actually just a Harry look-alike who doesn't even look that much like the real royal. Another potential flaw of this hoax: If these women are obsessed enough with Harry to travel to England for a chance to date him, won't they quickly figure out that this red-haired Brit is a fake?
Details on how all this will actually shake out are scant, but the show — which was filmed in secret in order to properly humiliate all of its contestants and keep them in the dark about the hoax — will begin airing on May 27.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week