- Coming Soon March 26
Fox, the channel that brought you the original bait-and-switch reality dating show Joe Millionaire, is putting a "royal" spin on that show's premise with the upcoming debut of I Wanna Marry "Harry."
So what's the premise this time? Producers were apparently able to find a dozen naive women willing to travel across the pond to live on an English estate in hopes of getting a chance to date the real Prince Harry.
One problem: The alleged Prince Harry is actually just a Harry look-alike who doesn't even look that much like the real royal. Another potential flaw of this hoax: If these women are obsessed enough with Harry to travel to England for a chance to date him, won't they quickly figure out that this red-haired Brit is a fake?
Details on how all this will actually shake out are scant, but the show — which was filmed in secret in order to properly humiliate all of its contestants and keep them in the dark about the hoax — will begin airing on May 27.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
Subscribe to the Week