- 2014 Watch March 26
Alabama Republican congressional candidate Will Brooke wants voters to know where he stands on the big issues of the day: ObamaCare and guns. And what better way to convey his message than by blowing a copy of ObamaCare to smithereens with a bunch of guns?
So, a la Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) — who infamously shot up a cap and trade bill in a 2010 campaign ad — Brooke took a thick copy of ObamaCare out to the gun range for some target practice. One problem: Brooke couldn't quite blow the law to bits. But lucky for him, he, like all great hunters, had a wood chipper at the ready to finish the job. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week