- Ouch March 27
While waiting for a tow truck, Efron allegedly threw a glass bottle with unidentified liquid onto the street. Transients in the area thought he was throwing it at them, and the altercation escalated into a full-blown melee before cops were able to step in. The fight ended with Efron getting "violently socked in the mouth." No arrests were made.
A TMZ source said the troubled actor was "obviously intoxicated," but the LAPD has few details about what actually transpired.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
Subscribe to the Week