- Ouch March 27
While waiting for a tow truck, Efron allegedly threw a glass bottle with unidentified liquid onto the street. Transients in the area thought he was throwing it at them, and the altercation escalated into a full-blown melee before cops were able to step in. The fight ended with Efron getting "violently socked in the mouth." No arrests were made.
A TMZ source said the troubled actor was "obviously intoxicated," but the LAPD has few details about what actually transpired.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week