- Ouch March 27
While waiting for a tow truck, Efron allegedly threw a glass bottle with unidentified liquid onto the street. Transients in the area thought he was throwing it at them, and the altercation escalated into a full-blown melee before cops were able to step in. The fight ended with Efron getting "violently socked in the mouth." No arrests were made.
A TMZ source said the troubled actor was "obviously intoxicated," but the LAPD has few details about what actually transpired.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week