- Late Night Antics March 28
When E! announced that it is unleashing a new Kardashian reality show on the world this summer, the Sturm und Drang was predictable, possibly even justified, but also slightly annoying — there would be no Kardashian shows if people didn't watch Kardashian shows. So credit to Jimmy Kimmel for making his revulsion — with the exception of an unnecessary dig at Bruce Jenner — funny.
Without further ado, the Kardashian conquest of America as a PBS war documentary. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week