- Watch this March 28
If you're not familiar with "Princeton Mom" Susan Patton, here's the short version: She gained infamy by writing a letter to the young women attending her alma mater (Princeton) urging the "daughters I never had" to ignore the feminists and find their husbands at Princeton, possibly her sons (also at Princeton), before they graduate into a world filled with lesser men and younger women. She turned that into a book deal and a circuit around the nation's TV studios. She was ripe for a Daily Show segment.
On Thursday night, Patton finally got the Jon Stewart treatment. Which is good and all, but The Daily Show did one better, tacking on an abrasively funny take-down from Kristen Schaal. If Patton's "men are terrible creatures — get one as soon as you can" message (Schaal's phrasing) isn't absurd enough, Schaal takes it to its logical conclusion. It isn't pretty, but it's pretty amusing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Girls on Film: Why audiences are responsible for the future of cinema
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
Subscribe to the Week