- Watch this March 28
Ever since Edward Snowden leaked documents suggesting (probably erroneously) that the National Security Agency had unfettered access to Google's servers, Google has been pretty tetchy about its customer-privacy safeguards.
But blog posts about transparency and legal processes are boring, so Google hired the ad agency Enso to produce a stop-motion video using wooden figures on a game board. Whether or not this reassures you that your Gmail account is in safe hands, I think we can all agree that it beats reading a dry article on the subject. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week