- Watch this March 28
Ever since Edward Snowden leaked documents suggesting (probably erroneously) that the National Security Agency had unfettered access to Google's servers, Google has been pretty tetchy about its customer-privacy safeguards.
But blog posts about transparency and legal processes are boring, so Google hired the ad agency Enso to produce a stop-motion video using wooden figures on a game board. Whether or not this reassures you that your Gmail account is in safe hands, I think we can all agree that it beats reading a dry article on the subject. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week