- Watch this March 28
Ever since Edward Snowden leaked documents suggesting (probably erroneously) that the National Security Agency had unfettered access to Google's servers, Google has been pretty tetchy about its customer-privacy safeguards.
But blog posts about transparency and legal processes are boring, so Google hired the ad agency Enso to produce a stop-motion video using wooden figures on a game board. Whether or not this reassures you that your Gmail account is in safe hands, I think we can all agree that it beats reading a dry article on the subject. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What if The Purge was real?
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week