- March Madness March 28
To any University of Dayton professor who teaches a Friday class: Maybe don't expect too much from your students today.
The No. 11-seeded Flyers continued their Cinderella story on Thursday night, knocking off Stanford 82-72 to win an Elite Eight berth for the first time since 1984. Considering the school's president crowdsurfed after Dayton defeated in-state rival Ohio State last week, it should come as no surprise that the campus celebrations went next level after beating The Cardinal:
Who cares about the havoc the Flyers are wreaking on our brackets? At this point, it's worth cheering for another major upset (Dayton takes on No. 1 seed Florida on Saturday) just to see what happens next in Ohio.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
When Americans banned Christmas
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How I lost all my money
- Why America would be foolish to wage a cyber-war against North Korea
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The foolish cruelty of Catholic conservatives who want gays to disappear
Subscribe to the Week