- March Madness March 28
To any University of Dayton professor who teaches a Friday class: Maybe don't expect too much from your students today.
The No. 11-seeded Flyers continued their Cinderella story on Thursday night, knocking off Stanford 82-72 to win an Elite Eight berth for the first time since 1984. Considering the school's president crowdsurfed after Dayton defeated in-state rival Ohio State last week, it should come as no surprise that the campus celebrations went next level after beating The Cardinal:
Who cares about the havoc the Flyers are wreaking on our brackets? At this point, it's worth cheering for another major upset (Dayton takes on No. 1 seed Florida on Saturday) just to see what happens next in Ohio.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week