- March Madness March 28
To any University of Dayton professor who teaches a Friday class: Maybe don't expect too much from your students today.
The No. 11-seeded Flyers continued their Cinderella story on Thursday night, knocking off Stanford 82-72 to win an Elite Eight berth for the first time since 1984. Considering the school's president crowdsurfed after Dayton defeated in-state rival Ohio State last week, it should come as no surprise that the campus celebrations went next level after beating The Cardinal:
Who cares about the havoc the Flyers are wreaking on our brackets? At this point, it's worth cheering for another major upset (Dayton takes on No. 1 seed Florida on Saturday) just to see what happens next in Ohio.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week