- March Madness March 28
To any University of Dayton professor who teaches a Friday class: Maybe don't expect too much from your students today.
The No. 11-seeded Flyers continued their Cinderella story on Thursday night, knocking off Stanford 82-72 to win an Elite Eight berth for the first time since 1984. Considering the school's president crowdsurfed after Dayton defeated in-state rival Ohio State last week, it should come as no surprise that the campus celebrations went next level after beating The Cardinal:
Who cares about the havoc the Flyers are wreaking on our brackets? At this point, it's worth cheering for another major upset (Dayton takes on No. 1 seed Florida on Saturday) just to see what happens next in Ohio.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week