- meet cute March 28
Here's your feel-good moment for Friday afternoon.
The Humane Society International said 10 stray dogs from Sochi landed safely at Dulles Airport on Thursday afternoon. The Washington Animal Rescue League is working to set up adoptions for the pups, who were saved by animal rights activists after reports began circulating during the Sochi Olympics that Russian authorities were killing stray dogs to "clean up" the city.
More dogs are expected to arrive from Russia in the coming weeks, but until then, feast your eyes on these little buddies, fresh off the plane and ready to greet new families. -- Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week