- meet cute March 28
Here's your feel-good moment for Friday afternoon.
The Humane Society International said 10 stray dogs from Sochi landed safely at Dulles Airport on Thursday afternoon. The Washington Animal Rescue League is working to set up adoptions for the pups, who were saved by animal rights activists after reports began circulating during the Sochi Olympics that Russian authorities were killing stray dogs to "clean up" the city.
More dogs are expected to arrive from Russia in the coming weeks, but until then, feast your eyes on these little buddies, fresh off the plane and ready to greet new families. -- Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week