- meet cute March 28
Here's your feel-good moment for Friday afternoon.
The Humane Society International said 10 stray dogs from Sochi landed safely at Dulles Airport on Thursday afternoon. The Washington Animal Rescue League is working to set up adoptions for the pups, who were saved by animal rights activists after reports began circulating during the Sochi Olympics that Russian authorities were killing stray dogs to "clean up" the city.
More dogs are expected to arrive from Russia in the coming weeks, but until then, feast your eyes on these little buddies, fresh off the plane and ready to greet new families. -- Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week