- meet cute March 28
Here's your feel-good moment for Friday afternoon.
The Humane Society International said 10 stray dogs from Sochi landed safely at Dulles Airport on Thursday afternoon. The Washington Animal Rescue League is working to set up adoptions for the pups, who were saved by animal rights activists after reports began circulating during the Sochi Olympics that Russian authorities were killing stray dogs to "clean up" the city.
More dogs are expected to arrive from Russia in the coming weeks, but until then, feast your eyes on these little buddies, fresh off the plane and ready to greet new families. -- Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week