Good week for: Byran Rocco, a New Jersey man who started choking on an onion ring while driving, blacked out, and crashed into a tree, whereupon his life was saved by an exploding air bag that dislodged the obstruction from his windpipe. “The whole thing caught me by surprise,” said Rocco, 43.
Bad week for: Getting divorced, after 55 percent of 10,000 divorcées asked in an online poll how much sex they were having replied, “None.’’
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week