Good week for: Byran Rocco, a New Jersey man who started choking on an onion ring while driving, blacked out, and crashed into a tree, whereupon his life was saved by an exploding air bag that dislodged the obstruction from his windpipe. “The whole thing caught me by surprise,” said Rocco, 43.
Bad week for: Getting divorced, after 55 percent of 10,000 divorcées asked in an online poll how much sex they were having replied, “None.’’
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Why I give money to homeless people
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Hillary Clinton may be a bad campaigner. But she'll probably win anyway.
Subscribe to the Week