Good week for: Byran Rocco, a New Jersey man who started choking on an onion ring while driving, blacked out, and crashed into a tree, whereupon his life was saved by an exploding air bag that dislodged the obstruction from his windpipe. “The whole thing caught me by surprise,” said Rocco, 43.
Bad week for: Getting divorced, after 55 percent of 10,000 divorcées asked in an online poll how much sex they were having replied, “None.’’
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week