Good week for: Byran Rocco, a New Jersey man who started choking on an onion ring while driving, blacked out, and crashed into a tree, whereupon his life was saved by an exploding air bag that dislodged the obstruction from his windpipe. “The whole thing caught me by surprise,” said Rocco, 43.
Bad week for: Getting divorced, after 55 percent of 10,000 divorcées asked in an online poll how much sex they were having replied, “None.’’
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week