- Quotables March 29
In the Battle for Fast Food Chain Dominance, Taco Bell made a bold swipe at go-to breakfast choice McDonald's by releasing its own breakfast menu this week. And just to make sure that everyone understood — We're Taking On McDonald's — Taco Bell released commercials driving home the message:
Not to be outdone, McDonald's answered with a pretty clever tweet:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. pic.twitter.com/e0dFN1ZCqy— McDonald's (@McDonalds) March 29, 2014
But Taco Bell President Brian Niccol apparently doesn't think promoting a new line of waffle tacos, A.M. Crunchwraps, and other choices while responding to a main competitor is enough on his plate. No, he gave Canada an ultimatum when he took to Reddit on Thursday in an AMA.
"Only in America? When is this coming to Canada?" a poster asked.
"When you take Justin Bieber back," Niccol shot back.
McDonald's, you may have just found a new ally.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week