- Quotables March 29
In the Battle for Fast Food Chain Dominance, Taco Bell made a bold swipe at go-to breakfast choice McDonald's by releasing its own breakfast menu this week. And just to make sure that everyone understood — We're Taking On McDonald's — Taco Bell released commercials driving home the message:
Not to be outdone, McDonald's answered with a pretty clever tweet:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. pic.twitter.com/e0dFN1ZCqy— McDonald's (@McDonalds) March 29, 2014
But Taco Bell President Brian Niccol apparently doesn't think promoting a new line of waffle tacos, A.M. Crunchwraps, and other choices while responding to a main competitor is enough on his plate. No, he gave Canada an ultimatum when he took to Reddit on Thursday in an AMA.
"Only in America? When is this coming to Canada?" a poster asked.
"When you take Justin Bieber back," Niccol shot back.
McDonald's, you may have just found a new ally.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week