- Quotables March 29
In the Battle for Fast Food Chain Dominance, Taco Bell made a bold swipe at go-to breakfast choice McDonald's by releasing its own breakfast menu this week. And just to make sure that everyone understood — We're Taking On McDonald's — Taco Bell released commercials driving home the message:
Not to be outdone, McDonald's answered with a pretty clever tweet:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. pic.twitter.com/e0dFN1ZCqy— McDonald's (@McDonalds) March 29, 2014
But Taco Bell President Brian Niccol apparently doesn't think promoting a new line of waffle tacos, A.M. Crunchwraps, and other choices while responding to a main competitor is enough on his plate. No, he gave Canada an ultimatum when he took to Reddit on Thursday in an AMA.
"Only in America? When is this coming to Canada?" a poster asked.
"When you take Justin Bieber back," Niccol shot back.
McDonald's, you may have just found a new ally.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week