- Whoa March 30
Since assuming control of the Catholic church last year, Pope Francis has made a habit of breaking with his predecessors. And in the latest such incident, the pope stunned those inside St. Peter's Basilica on Friday when he publicly confessed his sins to a priest during that day's service.
After reading a sermon at the service, the Pope was supposed to go hear other people's confessions. However, he instead walked over to a very surprised priest and confessed to him for several minutes. The Pope regularly goes to confession, according to Reuters, though never in public.
Here's the video, courtesy of the Catholic News Service:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
Subscribe to the Week