- Whoa March 30
Since assuming control of the Catholic church last year, Pope Francis has made a habit of breaking with his predecessors. And in the latest such incident, the pope stunned those inside St. Peter's Basilica on Friday when he publicly confessed his sins to a priest during that day's service.
After reading a sermon at the service, the Pope was supposed to go hear other people's confessions. However, he instead walked over to a very surprised priest and confessed to him for several minutes. The Pope regularly goes to confession, according to Reuters, though never in public.
Here's the video, courtesy of the Catholic News Service:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week