- Look at this March 30
Every year, iconic buildings around the world turn off their lights for an hour to mark Earth Hour. Now celebrated in some 150 countries, the campaign — which was held Saturday night — aims to raise awareness for local environmental projects and remind people to monitor their own energy usage.
So what did some landmarks look like when plunged into darkness?
Empire State Building:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week