- Look at this March 30
Every year, iconic buildings around the world turn off their lights for an hour to mark Earth Hour. Now celebrated in some 150 countries, the campaign — which was held Saturday night — aims to raise awareness for local environmental projects and remind people to monitor their own energy usage.
So what did some landmarks look like when plunged into darkness?
Empire State Building:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week