- March Madness March 30
President Obama's bracket is busted.
The UConn Huskies knocked off Michigan State Sunday to advance to the Final Four. It's the Huskies' first trip to the national semifinal since they won it all in 2011. More than that though, pretty much no one saw the serendipitous win coming. Every single ESPN analyst picked Michigan State to win the tournament.
President Obama also had the Spartans winning another title, and two of his other Final Four picks — Louisville and Arizona — have been eliminated, too. Obama did at least call Florida right.
And speaking of Florida, the Gators lost two games all year, to UConn and Wisconsin. They'll play UConn next, and could face Wisconsin in the final.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week