- Oops March 31
HealthCare.gov was inaccessible for several hours early Monday, the same day that enrollment ends for those wanting to buy health insurance plans covered by the Affordable Care Act. The site was closed between 3 a.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. due to an overnight maintenance session deployed to fix a bug, according to Business Insider.
Visitors who tried accessing the website during the wee hours were greeted with a "system is not available" banner and told to leave their email address for updates. A spokesperson said its regular maintenance window was longer than normal in preparation for today's demand. The website appears to now be fully operational.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week