- Oops March 31
HealthCare.gov was inaccessible for several hours early Monday, the same day that enrollment ends for those wanting to buy health insurance plans covered by the Affordable Care Act. The site was closed between 3 a.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. due to an overnight maintenance session deployed to fix a bug, according to Business Insider.
Visitors who tried accessing the website during the wee hours were greeted with a "system is not available" banner and told to leave their email address for updates. A spokesperson said its regular maintenance window was longer than normal in preparation for today's demand. The website appears to now be fully operational.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week