- Oops March 31
HealthCare.gov was inaccessible for several hours early Monday, the same day that enrollment ends for those wanting to buy health insurance plans covered by the Affordable Care Act. The site was closed between 3 a.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. due to an overnight maintenance session deployed to fix a bug, according to Business Insider.
Visitors who tried accessing the website during the wee hours were greeted with a "system is not available" banner and told to leave their email address for updates. A spokesperson said its regular maintenance window was longer than normal in preparation for today's demand. The website appears to now be fully operational.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
Subscribe to the Week