- Living Large March 31
Lightning can strike twice, even three times — and so can good luck at the lottery.
Calvin and Zatera Spencer were thrilled when they hit the Powerball jackpot with a $1 million win earlier this month. But their newfound wealth didn't stop them from continuing to try their luck. Just two weeks later, the Virginia couple scored $50,000 in a Pick 4 game. The Spencers turned their string of wins into a lottery hat-trick a day later, when they netted another $1 million from a scratcher.
With three big wins under their belt, the Spencers say they'll keep playing out their lucky streak. "We're not finished yet," Calvin Spencer told the Daily Press. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week