- Second Acts March 31
The King of Pop may no longer be with us, but his record label has taken the liberty of digging through his archives to offer up some new, unreleased material. Epic Records CEO L.A. Reid is planning the release of XSCAPE, a new eight-song album of Jackson vocals "contemporized" by top-notch producers.
Reid, who was given access to Jackson's archives by his estate, chose eight previously unreleased tracks with completed Jackson vocals to send to lead producer Timbaland, who added a "fresh, contemporary sound" with the help of producers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome 'Jroc' Harmon, and John McClain.
"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with," Reid said in a press release. "We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world."
XSCAPE is out May 13.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 5 signs your 'limited' Iraq intervention is spiraling out of control
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
Subscribe to the Week