- Say it ain't so March 31
Watching not one, not two, but three Bar Refaelis simulate sex with a puppet is apparently too hot for Israeli daytime television.
The country's government banned a commercial for a fashion brand that featured the former Sports Illustrated cover girl — and two clones of her — spending a sultry day with a puppet named Roy Orbach.
While the commercial doesn't actually show anything explicit, the Second Authority for Television and Radio said the spot has "too many sexual insinuations," and barred it from airing it before 10 p.m.
The ad has racked up more than 15,000 views on YouTube, so at least not all of its money was wasted. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week