- Say it ain't so March 31
Watching not one, not two, but three Bar Refaelis simulate sex with a puppet is apparently too hot for Israeli daytime television.
The country's government banned a commercial for a fashion brand that featured the former Sports Illustrated cover girl — and two clones of her — spending a sultry day with a puppet named Roy Orbach.
While the commercial doesn't actually show anything explicit, the Second Authority for Television and Radio said the spot has "too many sexual insinuations," and barred it from airing it before 10 p.m.
The ad has racked up more than 15,000 views on YouTube, so at least not all of its money was wasted. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week