Audiophile: Listen SmarterHow Heathers changed teen movies forever
The pitch-black satire, which debuted 25 years ago, set the template for the next generation of teen dramas
Watch a trailer for Heathers:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Double Indemnity
- This week I learned Ronald Reagan was once a pretty spectacular lifeguard, and more
- Presenting Tenuis Andronicus: A parasite and moose tragedy, in six acts
Daniel is a freelance writer, an Englishman abroad, and a pop culture junkie. He writes about film, TV, and lifestyle for outlets including MSN, The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Evening Standard, and Yahoo.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week