Audiophile: Listen SmarterHow Heathers changed teen movies forever
The pitch-black satire, which debuted 25 years ago, set the template for the next generation of teen dramas
Watch a trailer for Heathers:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Double Indemnity
- This week I learned Ronald Reagan was once a pretty spectacular lifeguard, and more
- Presenting Tenuis Andronicus: A parasite and moose tragedy, in six acts
Daniel is a freelance writer, an Englishman abroad, and a pop culture junkie. He writes about film, TV, and lifestyle for outlets including MSN, The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Evening Standard, and Yahoo.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week