Audiophile: Listen SmarterHow Heathers changed teen movies forever
The pitch-black satire, which debuted 25 years ago, set the template for the next generation of teen dramas
Watch a trailer for Heathers:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Double Indemnity
- This week I learned Ronald Reagan was once a pretty spectacular lifeguard, and more
- Presenting Tenuis Andronicus: A parasite and moose tragedy, in six acts
Daniel is a freelance writer, an Englishman abroad, and a pop culture junkie. He writes about film, TV, and lifestyle for outlets including MSN, The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Evening Standard, and Yahoo.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week