- Living Large March 31
Pharrell Williams just can't lose. The singer and songwriter is set to join The Voice this fall when the show returns for its seventh season; he'll replace original coach CeeLo Green.
Over the past year, you'd be hard pressed to turn the radio on and not hear Williams — he had his own solo hit, "Happy," as well as the collaborations "Get Lucky" with Daft Punk and "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke — so it no surprise that NBC jumped at the chance to have him join the talent competition. "His dominance in record sales in 2014, coupled with his incomparable accomplishments in the world of fashion and design, make him an irresistible addition to The Voice family," says Paul Telegdy, the head of alternative and late night programming for NBC Entertainment.
NBC hasn't announced yet whether Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton will return to the show next season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week