- Living Large March 31
Pharrell Williams just can't lose. The singer and songwriter is set to join The Voice this fall when the show returns for its seventh season; he'll replace original coach CeeLo Green.
Over the past year, you'd be hard pressed to turn the radio on and not hear Williams — he had his own solo hit, "Happy," as well as the collaborations "Get Lucky" with Daft Punk and "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke — so it no surprise that NBC jumped at the chance to have him join the talent competition. "His dominance in record sales in 2014, coupled with his incomparable accomplishments in the world of fashion and design, make him an irresistible addition to The Voice family," says Paul Telegdy, the head of alternative and late night programming for NBC Entertainment.
NBC hasn't announced yet whether Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton will return to the show next season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week