- Late Night Antics April 1
Jon Stewart was not particularly surprised that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) hand-picked lawyers absolved him of any guilt in the scandalous, politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge, nor that he blatantly threw former top aide Bridget Anne Kelly to the wolves with some sexist innuendo. But when Christie went to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, "a guy who's Jeopardy! intro would be 'An ultra-Zionist who makes most of his money off gambling addicts in Macao,'" Stewart was shocked.
Or at least he pretended to be, until Senior Zionist Billionaire Correspondent Samantha Bee reminded Stewart that everyone has their price, even if it's just some cut-rate tacos. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week