- Late Night Antics April 1
Jon Stewart was not particularly surprised that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) hand-picked lawyers absolved him of any guilt in the scandalous, politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge, nor that he blatantly threw former top aide Bridget Anne Kelly to the wolves with some sexist innuendo. But when Christie went to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, "a guy who's Jeopardy! intro would be 'An ultra-Zionist who makes most of his money off gambling addicts in Macao,'" Stewart was shocked.
Or at least he pretended to be, until Senior Zionist Billionaire Correspondent Samantha Bee reminded Stewart that everyone has their price, even if it's just some cut-rate tacos. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week