- Late Night Antics April 1
Jon Stewart was not particularly surprised that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) hand-picked lawyers absolved him of any guilt in the scandalous, politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge, nor that he blatantly threw former top aide Bridget Anne Kelly to the wolves with some sexist innuendo. But when Christie went to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, "a guy who's Jeopardy! intro would be 'An ultra-Zionist who makes most of his money off gambling addicts in Macao,'" Stewart was shocked.
Or at least he pretended to be, until Senior Zionist Billionaire Correspondent Samantha Bee reminded Stewart that everyone has their price, even if it's just some cut-rate tacos. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week