- Late Night Antics April 1
Jon Stewart was not particularly surprised that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) hand-picked lawyers absolved him of any guilt in the scandalous, politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge, nor that he blatantly threw former top aide Bridget Anne Kelly to the wolves with some sexist innuendo. But when Christie went to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, "a guy who's Jeopardy! intro would be 'An ultra-Zionist who makes most of his money off gambling addicts in Macao,'" Stewart was shocked.
Or at least he pretended to be, until Senior Zionist Billionaire Correspondent Samantha Bee reminded Stewart that everyone has their price, even if it's just some cut-rate tacos. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week