- Late Night Antics April 1
Jon Stewart was not particularly surprised that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) hand-picked lawyers absolved him of any guilt in the scandalous, politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge, nor that he blatantly threw former top aide Bridget Anne Kelly to the wolves with some sexist innuendo. But when Christie went to Las Vegas to kiss the ring of GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, "a guy who's Jeopardy! intro would be 'An ultra-Zionist who makes most of his money off gambling addicts in Macao,'" Stewart was shocked.
Or at least he pretended to be, until Senior Zionist Billionaire Correspondent Samantha Bee reminded Stewart that everyone has their price, even if it's just some cut-rate tacos. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week