- The Search Continues April 1
As the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 continues, government officials now believe its disappearance was a "deliberate action" by someone on board. Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Tuesday that the flight's movements were consistent with someone looking to deliberately divert the plane from its scheduled flight path.
International investigators working with Malyasian authorities say the plane was "subjected to deliberate action" once it disappeared from military radar shortly after it turned away from its Beijing-bound route and traveled back toward Malaysia and the Strait of Malacca. A revised transcript of one of the final words from the cockpit was also released. Authorities previously thought one of the men said "All right, good night," the last words were actually, "Good night Malaysian three seven zero."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week