- The Search Continues April 1
As the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 continues, government officials now believe its disappearance was a "deliberate action" by someone on board. Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Tuesday that the flight's movements were consistent with someone looking to deliberately divert the plane from its scheduled flight path.
International investigators working with Malyasian authorities say the plane was "subjected to deliberate action" once it disappeared from military radar shortly after it turned away from its Beijing-bound route and traveled back toward Malaysia and the Strait of Malacca. A revised transcript of one of the final words from the cockpit was also released. Authorities previously thought one of the men said "All right, good night," the last words were actually, "Good night Malaysian three seven zero."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week