- The Search Continues April 1
As the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 continues, government officials now believe its disappearance was a "deliberate action" by someone on board. Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Tuesday that the flight's movements were consistent with someone looking to deliberately divert the plane from its scheduled flight path.
International investigators working with Malyasian authorities say the plane was "subjected to deliberate action" once it disappeared from military radar shortly after it turned away from its Beijing-bound route and traveled back toward Malaysia and the Strait of Malacca. A revised transcript of one of the final words from the cockpit was also released. Authorities previously thought one of the men said "All right, good night," the last words were actually, "Good night Malaysian three seven zero."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week