- Watch this April 1
It's starting to seem as though Londoners don't know how to take care of their luxury vehicles. The owner of $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador was involved in a pricey pileup in one of the city's poshest neighborhoods. In a video of the crash, captured by a bystander, the driver careens through the streets and smashes into a parked BMW and an oncoming Mazda sedan.
The souped-up sports car has a reputation. Londoners have previously seen it with flames shooting out of its trunk, but this time the car was "reduced to a sorry state" and suffered major damage. No matter, though! "The owner seemed young and was with a group of friends after the crash who all seemed relaxed bearing in mind the wreckage on the road," a witness said. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week