- Watch this April 1
It's starting to seem as though Londoners don't know how to take care of their luxury vehicles. The owner of $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador was involved in a pricey pileup in one of the city's poshest neighborhoods. In a video of the crash, captured by a bystander, the driver careens through the streets and smashes into a parked BMW and an oncoming Mazda sedan.
The souped-up sports car has a reputation. Londoners have previously seen it with flames shooting out of its trunk, but this time the car was "reduced to a sorry state" and suffered major damage. No matter, though! "The owner seemed young and was with a group of friends after the crash who all seemed relaxed bearing in mind the wreckage on the road," a witness said. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week