- Watch this April 1
It's starting to seem as though Londoners don't know how to take care of their luxury vehicles. The owner of $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador was involved in a pricey pileup in one of the city's poshest neighborhoods. In a video of the crash, captured by a bystander, the driver careens through the streets and smashes into a parked BMW and an oncoming Mazda sedan.
The souped-up sports car has a reputation. Londoners have previously seen it with flames shooting out of its trunk, but this time the car was "reduced to a sorry state" and suffered major damage. No matter, though! "The owner seemed young and was with a group of friends after the crash who all seemed relaxed bearing in mind the wreckage on the road," a witness said. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
Subscribe to the Week