- Late Night Antics April 1
Never let it be said that Jon Stewart doesn't try to appear to declare a pox on both our political houses. After zinging New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) for essentially absolving himself of any guilt in the big Bridgegate scandal then flying to Vegas to suck up to GOP ATM Sheldon Adelson, Stewart spent the middle part of Monday night's Daily Show reminding viewers that Democrats are corrupt, too. He points out three examples — a New York State assemblyman, Charlotte's indicted ex-mayor and wannabe "douche king of North Carolina," and California State Sen. Leland Yee.
Feminine hygiene products aside, Yee is the most interesting of the bunch — he's a gun control supporter accused of trafficking firearms alongside an alleged accomplice named Shrimp Boy (a much more menacing figure than his name suggests). Bipartisan tsk-tsking or not, there's plenty more material for Stewart to mine here if he wants to dig a little deeper. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week