- Late Night Antics April 1
Never let it be said that Jon Stewart doesn't try to appear to declare a pox on both our political houses. After zinging New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) for essentially absolving himself of any guilt in the big Bridgegate scandal then flying to Vegas to suck up to GOP ATM Sheldon Adelson, Stewart spent the middle part of Monday night's Daily Show reminding viewers that Democrats are corrupt, too. He points out three examples — a New York State assemblyman, Charlotte's indicted ex-mayor and wannabe "douche king of North Carolina," and California State Sen. Leland Yee.
Feminine hygiene products aside, Yee is the most interesting of the bunch — he's a gun control supporter accused of trafficking firearms alongside an alleged accomplice named Shrimp Boy (a much more menacing figure than his name suggests). Bipartisan tsk-tsking or not, there's plenty more material for Stewart to mine here if he wants to dig a little deeper. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week