- corrections & clarifications April 1
CBS News' 60 Minutes apologized today for adding fake engine noise to its report on Tesla's electric vehicles.
Auto blog Jalopnik first noticed the audio embellishment. "It sounds like they recorded a motorcycle engine and used it to spice up the car footage," wrote Robert Sorokanich. "Whatever it is, it's not the sound of a Tesla."
Pressed for an explanation by TVNewser, a 60 Minutes spokesperson confirmed that the program did dub in engine noise. "Our video editor made an audio editing error in our report about Elon Musk and Tesla. We regret the error and it is being corrected online," the spokesperson said.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
Subscribe to the Week