- corrections & clarifications April 1
CBS News' 60 Minutes apologized today for adding fake engine noise to its report on Tesla's electric vehicles.
Auto blog Jalopnik first noticed the audio embellishment. "It sounds like they recorded a motorcycle engine and used it to spice up the car footage," wrote Robert Sorokanich. "Whatever it is, it's not the sound of a Tesla."
Pressed for an explanation by TVNewser, a 60 Minutes spokesperson confirmed that the program did dub in engine noise. "Our video editor made an audio editing error in our report about Elon Musk and Tesla. We regret the error and it is being corrected online," the spokesperson said.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
Subscribe to the Week