- Shots fired April 1
President Obama took a victory lap Tuesday to celebrate his eponymous health care law, declaring in a White House press conference that "there's no good reason to go back" to the old health care system.
The speech came on the same day the administration confirmed ObamaCare had indeed notched 7.1 million enrollments by Monday's deadline, thus beating the Congressional Budget Office's projection. And he took a few shots at critics who've fought to repeal the law, asking, "Why are folks so mad about people having insurance?"
"There are still no death panels," he added. "Armageddon has not arrived."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week