- Shots fired April 1
President Obama took a victory lap Tuesday to celebrate his eponymous health care law, declaring in a White House press conference that "there's no good reason to go back" to the old health care system.
The speech came on the same day the administration confirmed ObamaCare had indeed notched 7.1 million enrollments by Monday's deadline, thus beating the Congressional Budget Office's projection. And he took a few shots at critics who've fought to repeal the law, asking, "Why are folks so mad about people having insurance?"
"There are still no death panels," he added. "Armageddon has not arrived."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week