- Shots fired April 1
President Obama took a victory lap Tuesday to celebrate his eponymous health care law, declaring in a White House press conference that "there's no good reason to go back" to the old health care system.
The speech came on the same day the administration confirmed ObamaCare had indeed notched 7.1 million enrollments by Monday's deadline, thus beating the Congressional Budget Office's projection. And he took a few shots at critics who've fought to repeal the law, asking, "Why are folks so mad about people having insurance?"
"There are still no death panels," he added. "Armageddon has not arrived."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week