- Shots fired April 1
President Obama took a victory lap Tuesday to celebrate his eponymous health care law, declaring in a White House press conference that "there's no good reason to go back" to the old health care system.
The speech came on the same day the administration confirmed ObamaCare had indeed notched 7.1 million enrollments by Monday's deadline, thus beating the Congressional Budget Office's projection. And he took a few shots at critics who've fought to repeal the law, asking, "Why are folks so mad about people having insurance?"
"There are still no death panels," he added. "Armageddon has not arrived."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week