- Shots fired April 1
President Obama took a victory lap Tuesday to celebrate his eponymous health care law, declaring in a White House press conference that "there's no good reason to go back" to the old health care system.
The speech came on the same day the administration confirmed ObamaCare had indeed notched 7.1 million enrollments by Monday's deadline, thus beating the Congressional Budget Office's projection. And he took a few shots at critics who've fought to repeal the law, asking, "Why are folks so mad about people having insurance?"
"There are still no death panels," he added. "Armageddon has not arrived."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week