- Listen Up April 2
Why would you ask Samuel L. Jackson to recite a beat-style poem about the 1993-2000 ABC sitcom Boy Meets World? That would be a great question to ask Jimmy Fallon (isn't the upcoming sequel, Girl Meets World, on a rival network?) or Jackson himself (he's promoting a new Captain America movie, right?) — but ultimately it doesn't matter: Jackson's performance, on Tuesday night's Tonight Show, is answer enough.
Never seen Boy Meets World? It doesn't really matter. The Tonight Show could have done this with any 1990s sitcom — and hopefully will. James Earl Jones poetically recapping Friends? Bruce Willis doing Freaks and Geeks? How about Sarah Silverman waxing poetic about Family of Five? Any other suggestions? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week