- Nature's Nightmares April 2
This time, the snakes weren't on a plane — they were on a train. Passengers on board a Swiss train were forced to evacuate after a small snake was spotted slithering through the aisles. A rider noticed the 20 inch tube of torment lurking in one of the carriages and alerted the staff, which resulted in an evacuation of all 450 people. The passengers were quickly transferred to snake-free train an hour later.
A spokesperson for the rail line said the snake was a non-venomous, black garter snake likely brought on board by a passenger. Police said they safely captured the snake in a ventilation shaft, making for an anti-climactic end to your Snakes on a Train fan fiction. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week