- Nature's Nightmares April 2
This time, the snakes weren't on a plane — they were on a train. Passengers on board a Swiss train were forced to evacuate after a small snake was spotted slithering through the aisles. A rider noticed the 20 inch tube of torment lurking in one of the carriages and alerted the staff, which resulted in an evacuation of all 450 people. The passengers were quickly transferred to snake-free train an hour later.
A spokesperson for the rail line said the snake was a non-venomous, black garter snake likely brought on board by a passenger. Police said they safely captured the snake in a ventilation shaft, making for an anti-climactic end to your Snakes on a Train fan fiction. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- How to save Meet the Press
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week