- Oops April 2
Forgetting to account for last weekend's time change in Europe, a car bomber in Dublin suffered major injuries after his explosive device prematurely exploded. The man's plan of attaching a bomb to an empty vehicle in a quiet neighborhood went awry late Sunday and he was seen "dripping in blood" as he stumbled away from the scene.
Police say they are searching for the badly injured man and it's unclear why he was assembling a bomb in the neighborhood. Several houses and cars in the area sustained damage from the explosive, but no one aside from the bomber was injured. Witnesses heard the man screaming for help as he was running away.
"We are concerned as to this person's well-being," a police spokesperson said, adding that a manhunt is still ongoing.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week