- Oops April 2
Forgetting to account for last weekend's time change in Europe, a car bomber in Dublin suffered major injuries after his explosive device prematurely exploded. The man's plan of attaching a bomb to an empty vehicle in a quiet neighborhood went awry late Sunday and he was seen "dripping in blood" as he stumbled away from the scene.
Police say they are searching for the badly injured man and it's unclear why he was assembling a bomb in the neighborhood. Several houses and cars in the area sustained damage from the explosive, but no one aside from the bomber was injured. Witnesses heard the man screaming for help as he was running away.
"We are concerned as to this person's well-being," a police spokesperson said, adding that a manhunt is still ongoing.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week