- Oops April 2
Forgetting to account for last weekend's time change in Europe, a car bomber in Dublin suffered major injuries after his explosive device prematurely exploded. The man's plan of attaching a bomb to an empty vehicle in a quiet neighborhood went awry late Sunday and he was seen "dripping in blood" as he stumbled away from the scene.
Police say they are searching for the badly injured man and it's unclear why he was assembling a bomb in the neighborhood. Several houses and cars in the area sustained damage from the explosive, but no one aside from the bomber was injured. Witnesses heard the man screaming for help as he was running away.
"We are concerned as to this person's well-being," a police spokesperson said, adding that a manhunt is still ongoing.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week