- Oops April 2
Forgetting to account for last weekend's time change in Europe, a car bomber in Dublin suffered major injuries after his explosive device prematurely exploded. The man's plan of attaching a bomb to an empty vehicle in a quiet neighborhood went awry late Sunday and he was seen "dripping in blood" as he stumbled away from the scene.
Police say they are searching for the badly injured man and it's unclear why he was assembling a bomb in the neighborhood. Several houses and cars in the area sustained damage from the explosive, but no one aside from the bomber was injured. Witnesses heard the man screaming for help as he was running away.
"We are concerned as to this person's well-being," a police spokesperson said, adding that a manhunt is still ongoing.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week