- Oops April 2
Forgetting to account for last weekend's time change in Europe, a car bomber in Dublin suffered major injuries after his explosive device prematurely exploded. The man's plan of attaching a bomb to an empty vehicle in a quiet neighborhood went awry late Sunday and he was seen "dripping in blood" as he stumbled away from the scene.
Police say they are searching for the badly injured man and it's unclear why he was assembling a bomb in the neighborhood. Several houses and cars in the area sustained damage from the explosive, but no one aside from the bomber was injured. Witnesses heard the man screaming for help as he was running away.
"We are concerned as to this person's well-being," a police spokesperson said, adding that a manhunt is still ongoing.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week