- This just in April 2
The Fort Hood military base in Killeen, Texas, has been placed on lockdown amid reports of a shooting. KCEN-TV reports that there are "several injuries" with one person being transported to the hospital. One death has been confirmed and the gunman is still at large, adds KWTX-TV.
A witness told KWTX that the gunman fired 20 shots in a parking lot, hitting three people. People were told to seek shelter and the base's emergency sirens were activated. The incident is being treated as an active shooter situation.
Fort Hood was the scene of mass shooting in 2009, when gunman Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people in a rampage.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week