- This just in April 2
The Fort Hood military base in Killeen, Texas, has been placed on lockdown amid reports of a shooting. KCEN-TV reports that there are "several injuries" with one person being transported to the hospital. One death has been confirmed and the gunman is still at large, adds KWTX-TV.
A witness told KWTX that the gunman fired 20 shots in a parking lot, hitting three people. People were told to seek shelter and the base's emergency sirens were activated. The incident is being treated as an active shooter situation.
Fort Hood was the scene of mass shooting in 2009, when gunman Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people in a rampage.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week