- This just in April 2
The Fort Hood military base in Killeen, Texas, has been placed on lockdown amid reports of a shooting. KCEN-TV reports that there are "several injuries" with one person being transported to the hospital. One death has been confirmed and the gunman is still at large, adds KWTX-TV.
A witness told KWTX that the gunman fired 20 shots in a parking lot, hitting three people. People were told to seek shelter and the base's emergency sirens were activated. The incident is being treated as an active shooter situation.
Fort Hood was the scene of mass shooting in 2009, when gunman Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people in a rampage.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week