- This just in April 2
The Fort Hood military base in Killeen, Texas, has been placed on lockdown amid reports of a shooting. KCEN-TV reports that there are "several injuries" with one person being transported to the hospital. One death has been confirmed and the gunman is still at large, adds KWTX-TV.
A witness told KWTX that the gunman fired 20 shots in a parking lot, hitting three people. People were told to seek shelter and the base's emergency sirens were activated. The incident is being treated as an active shooter situation.
Fort Hood was the scene of mass shooting in 2009, when gunman Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people in a rampage.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week