- Oops April 3
The Chicago Cubs are not a good baseball team. Though we're only days into the season, Baseball Prospectus gives them just a 4.9 percent chance of making the playoffs, fourth-worst of any team in the majors. The odds are stacked so heavily against the Cubs doing anything right that you wouldn't be surprised if they failed at even getting dressed — and hey, look at that:
On the left is Cubs outfielder Junior Lake, wearing one of the team's alternate away uniforms. On the right is Anthony Rizzo, wearing a different away uniform that was also worn by the rest of the team Thursday. If only someone would get Lake Travis Wood's screwy batting helmet to complete the ensemble.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- How names influence our destinies
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This week I learned a store in Alabama is selling your lost luggage, and more
Subscribe to the Week