- Oops April 3
The Chicago Cubs are not a good baseball team. Though we're only days into the season, Baseball Prospectus gives them just a 4.9 percent chance of making the playoffs, fourth-worst of any team in the majors. The odds are stacked so heavily against the Cubs doing anything right that you wouldn't be surprised if they failed at even getting dressed — and hey, look at that:
On the left is Cubs outfielder Junior Lake, wearing one of the team's alternate away uniforms. On the right is Anthony Rizzo, wearing a different away uniform that was also worn by the rest of the team Thursday. If only someone would get Lake Travis Wood's screwy batting helmet to complete the ensemble.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week