- Squee April 3
Wondering what to do with your pet this spring? An Easter egg hunt is apparently a hit.
Germany's Hannover Zoo surprised its animals with an Easter egg hunt to mark the first day of the Lower-Saxon Easter school holidays in the country. No chocolate rabbits were doled out, but the creatures didn't seem to mind too much. --Sarah Eberspacher
Chimpanzee Viktoria found an egg filled with carrots. | (AP Photo/dpa, Holger Hollemann)
A meerkat guards its treasure trove. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
Nanuq plays with an Easter egg ball. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
Lionesses Binta and Naima inspect their Easter egg plates. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week