- Squee April 3
Wondering what to do with your pet this spring? An Easter egg hunt is apparently a hit.
Germany's Hannover Zoo surprised its animals with an Easter egg hunt to mark the first day of the Lower-Saxon Easter school holidays in the country. No chocolate rabbits were doled out, but the creatures didn't seem to mind too much. --Sarah Eberspacher
Chimpanzee Viktoria found an egg filled with carrots. | (AP Photo/dpa, Holger Hollemann)
A meerkat guards its treasure trove. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
Nanuq plays with an Easter egg ball. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
Lionesses Binta and Naima inspect their Easter egg plates. | (Holger Hollemann/dpa/Corbis)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week