- Nature's Wonders April 3
On Thursday, a golden retriever made his way out of the debris field near Oso, Wash., the site of the devastating mudslide that killed at least 30 people nearly two weeks go. When Boomer was discovered, he had a few cuts on his legs and some hip problems, Seattle's KING 5 News reports. He is being treated at a veterinary clinic in Arlington, Wash., where he is doing well.
[UPDATE: Initially, reports stated that the dog was a survivor of the mudslide, but in fact he made his way to the area recently after wandering away from home. Boomer's owner reached out to the clinic, and said that the dog lives 2-3 miles away from the area where the mudslide hit. According to the veterinarian, Boomer used to belong to the current owner's brother, who died in the mudslide.]- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week