- America the Beautiful April 4
The fast food breakfast wars have a newcomer: On April 6, White Castle will begin selling its very own waffle breakfast sandwich. After Taco Bell rolled out its Waffle Taco, it was only only a matter of time before the purveyor of tiny, square hamburgers entered the ring.
According to White Castle's official Facebook page, the waffle sandwich will come in three varieties: sausage, egg and cheese; chicken and waffles; and bacon, egg and cheese. Prices will range from $2.19 to $2.69 per sandwich, and the waffles are allegedly imported from an undisclosed bakery in Belgium.
The sausage and bacon varieties will only be served during breakfast hours until 10:30 a.m., but the "chicken and waffles" sandwich will be served all day. This will likely give White Castle a distinct advantage over McDonalds' notoriously restrictive breakfast hours.
"This is actually a bit of gourmet for White Castle," said Jamie Richardson, spokesperson for White Castle, Inc. Looks like your morning is about to get a lot more delicious.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week