- America the Beautiful April 4
The fast food breakfast wars have a newcomer: On April 6, White Castle will begin selling its very own waffle breakfast sandwich. After Taco Bell rolled out its Waffle Taco, it was only only a matter of time before the purveyor of tiny, square hamburgers entered the ring.
According to White Castle's official Facebook page, the waffle sandwich will come in three varieties: sausage, egg and cheese; chicken and waffles; and bacon, egg and cheese. Prices will range from $2.19 to $2.69 per sandwich, and the waffles are allegedly imported from an undisclosed bakery in Belgium.
The sausage and bacon varieties will only be served during breakfast hours until 10:30 a.m., but the "chicken and waffles" sandwich will be served all day. This will likely give White Castle a distinct advantage over McDonalds' notoriously restrictive breakfast hours.
"This is actually a bit of gourmet for White Castle," said Jamie Richardson, spokesperson for White Castle, Inc. Looks like your morning is about to get a lot more delicious.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The militarization of America’s police
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week