- America the Beautiful April 4
The fast food breakfast wars have a newcomer: On April 6, White Castle will begin selling its very own waffle breakfast sandwich. After Taco Bell rolled out its Waffle Taco, it was only only a matter of time before the purveyor of tiny, square hamburgers entered the ring.
According to White Castle's official Facebook page, the waffle sandwich will come in three varieties: sausage, egg and cheese; chicken and waffles; and bacon, egg and cheese. Prices will range from $2.19 to $2.69 per sandwich, and the waffles are allegedly imported from an undisclosed bakery in Belgium.
The sausage and bacon varieties will only be served during breakfast hours until 10:30 a.m., but the "chicken and waffles" sandwich will be served all day. This will likely give White Castle a distinct advantage over McDonalds' notoriously restrictive breakfast hours.
"This is actually a bit of gourmet for White Castle," said Jamie Richardson, spokesperson for White Castle, Inc. Looks like your morning is about to get a lot more delicious.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week