- America the Beautiful April 4
The fast food breakfast wars have a newcomer: On April 6, White Castle will begin selling its very own waffle breakfast sandwich. After Taco Bell rolled out its Waffle Taco, it was only only a matter of time before the purveyor of tiny, square hamburgers entered the ring.
According to White Castle's official Facebook page, the waffle sandwich will come in three varieties: sausage, egg and cheese; chicken and waffles; and bacon, egg and cheese. Prices will range from $2.19 to $2.69 per sandwich, and the waffles are allegedly imported from an undisclosed bakery in Belgium.
The sausage and bacon varieties will only be served during breakfast hours until 10:30 a.m., but the "chicken and waffles" sandwich will be served all day. This will likely give White Castle a distinct advantage over McDonalds' notoriously restrictive breakfast hours.
"This is actually a bit of gourmet for White Castle," said Jamie Richardson, spokesperson for White Castle, Inc. Looks like your morning is about to get a lot more delicious.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week