- America the Beautiful April 4
The fast food breakfast wars have a newcomer: On April 6, White Castle will begin selling its very own waffle breakfast sandwich. After Taco Bell rolled out its Waffle Taco, it was only only a matter of time before the purveyor of tiny, square hamburgers entered the ring.
According to White Castle's official Facebook page, the waffle sandwich will come in three varieties: sausage, egg and cheese; chicken and waffles; and bacon, egg and cheese. Prices will range from $2.19 to $2.69 per sandwich, and the waffles are allegedly imported from an undisclosed bakery in Belgium.
The sausage and bacon varieties will only be served during breakfast hours until 10:30 a.m., but the "chicken and waffles" sandwich will be served all day. This will likely give White Castle a distinct advantage over McDonalds' notoriously restrictive breakfast hours.
"This is actually a bit of gourmet for White Castle," said Jamie Richardson, spokesperson for White Castle, Inc. Looks like your morning is about to get a lot more delicious.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week