- The internet never forgets April 4
It may seem that Jon Hamm is ageless, but the man who plays the iconic and hardened Don Draper was, in fact, at one point a young and goofy 25-year-old with floppy hair. In this footage from the short-lived '90s dating show The Big Date, Hamm promises a woman that a romantic evening with him will feature "fabulous food, fabulous conversation... with a fabulous foot massage for an evening of total fabulosity." Mary, however, isn't too enthused about that foot massage. Watch the whole episode below, or skip to around 3:18 to see Hamm give his pitch. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week