- The internet never forgets April 4
It may seem that Jon Hamm is ageless, but the man who plays the iconic and hardened Don Draper was, in fact, at one point a young and goofy 25-year-old with floppy hair. In this footage from the short-lived '90s dating show The Big Date, Hamm promises a woman that a romantic evening with him will feature "fabulous food, fabulous conversation... with a fabulous foot massage for an evening of total fabulosity." Mary, however, isn't too enthused about that foot massage. Watch the whole episode below, or skip to around 3:18 to see Hamm give his pitch. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- The militarization of America’s police
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week