- The internet never forgets April 4
It may seem that Jon Hamm is ageless, but the man who plays the iconic and hardened Don Draper was, in fact, at one point a young and goofy 25-year-old with floppy hair. In this footage from the short-lived '90s dating show The Big Date, Hamm promises a woman that a romantic evening with him will feature "fabulous food, fabulous conversation... with a fabulous foot massage for an evening of total fabulosity." Mary, however, isn't too enthused about that foot massage. Watch the whole episode below, or skip to around 3:18 to see Hamm give his pitch. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week