- The internet never forgets April 4
It may seem that Jon Hamm is ageless, but the man who plays the iconic and hardened Don Draper was, in fact, at one point a young and goofy 25-year-old with floppy hair. In this footage from the short-lived '90s dating show The Big Date, Hamm promises a woman that a romantic evening with him will feature "fabulous food, fabulous conversation... with a fabulous foot massage for an evening of total fabulosity." Mary, however, isn't too enthused about that foot massage. Watch the whole episode below, or skip to around 3:18 to see Hamm give his pitch. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week