- The internet never forgets April 4
It may seem that Jon Hamm is ageless, but the man who plays the iconic and hardened Don Draper was, in fact, at one point a young and goofy 25-year-old with floppy hair. In this footage from the short-lived '90s dating show The Big Date, Hamm promises a woman that a romantic evening with him will feature "fabulous food, fabulous conversation... with a fabulous foot massage for an evening of total fabulosity." Mary, however, isn't too enthused about that foot massage. Watch the whole episode below, or skip to around 3:18 to see Hamm give his pitch. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week